Sunday 26 May 2013

beauty: sun-care essentials

It's that time of year again in Cyprus... Summer! It is a bit hotter than usual for May and as such I have already had my first sunburn experience of the season *read: my own stupidity took over due to increased temperatures*.

So some summer essential items are already sitting pretty in my bathroom, ready for use. 


The ROC Soleil Protexion 30 is a great sunscreen. It has a super gentle smell (which is a big plus for me because sun-care always has that can't-quite-put-your-finger-on-it smell) great texture that's not greasy and the spray bottle is so convenient. Because when you hit the beach, it's to relax. Not spend 20 minute fiddling with sun cream bottles and applying to every inch of your pale skin.

Now the Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser SPF 30* was given to me by the great ladies at Body Shop Cyprus and is now on my testing list. I used it at the beach on Saturday and came back with a nice glow, not a red nose, so it stood up to that adventure. But as the bottle says, it's a daily moisturiser. But sometimes, the sun-care moisturisers are a bit greasy and since my skin is oily anyway, I usually find my make up half way down my neck in no time. So I will be putting it to the test over the course of the week and I will let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. oh i'm curious about the one from the bodyshop, looking forward to your 'review' :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well my face survived the strong Cyprus sun so thats good. Now for the everyday testing. Il let you know how it goes! The vitamin c does have this great citrusy smell. I would recommend it just for that! :)

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!