Wednesday 16 May 2012

red sky at night

One of the things I remember from growing up was a saying my mum would bring out every so often when the sky turned that wonderful pinky/purple/orangey/red colour. 

" red sky at night, shepherds delight. red sky in the morning, shepherds warning"  

And tonight was one of those red sky nights. After a day where the huge black and heavy looking clouds hung over the city waiting to burst and shower their drops of rain everywhere, the monsoon cleared to leave a beautiful sunset casting an array of colours across the few whispy clouds left in the sky. On evenings like this a feeling of calm comes over everything and I find myself mesmerized by the colourful sky above us. And it brings memories of warm summer evenings in England, where the light remains till late and as a child the last thing I saw before bedtime was a pink sky fading away. 

It's funny amazing how years later, all grown up and living in another country, a pink sky can bring back so many memories. 




photographs by me


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!