Monday 8 April 2013

expat adventures involving the ocean

Being an expat brings with it many benefits. And being so close to the oceans is one of them. 



Although I lived in London my entire life, Nicosia is a very different city than what I am used to. And sometimes I can feel a bit smothered in this city that escape is inevitable. Cue a spontaneous trip to the beach with the pooch and the boyfriend, to run around like children, feel the sand under my feet and smell the fresh ocean air. 

There is something about staring out into the blue expanse of the ocean and gazing as it hits the horizon, that really calms and clears my mind. And it is the perfect Sunday afternoon activity; sitting at my desk today with nice memories of warm sun and soft sand made Monday that much easier.


And it's a nice reminder of how lucky we are, especially considering the positively arctic temperatures the British spring is throwing at our friends and family back in London. I think we win on the weather front. 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ocean view. So jealous haha.
    xoxo Aimee
    bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be jealous! I don't get to see this every day unfortunately. Im sure you have some awesome views where you live too. Its kind of weird when you get used to a place you forget the amazingness of your surroundings.

      Delete
  2. Look at that water! So gorgeous! And I know how you feel - even when you're living in an amazing place, sometimes you forget how amazing it is, and you need a little bit of a break to remember. I have people tell me all the time that I'm SOOOOOOOO lucky to live and grow up in Homer, Alaska, because it's SOOOOOOO gorgeous - but it's hard for me to feel like I'm lucky sometimes. Sometimes it really takes leaving for a while to be able to see the amazingness again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD you live in Alaska! Thats so cool. While I love the sun and sea and sand and heat sometimes it gets a bit much and i wonder about all the amazing places to go with such opposite climates to Cyprus. The weather in London is so mixed, when you get great weather its amazing, but when it rains so much it brings your whole mood down. I really want to visit Alaska one day.

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!