Tuesday 9 April 2013

D is for Doughnuts

So a fair few months ago (last October to be precise) I started an A B C series that never actually got past C. Either I was very unorganised or extremley unispired back in October, but since the idea was there, I am going to return to it with enthusiasm.

And what better way to re-introduce ourselves to the series than with a food post. Of course it was going to be a food post. 

So D is for Doughnuts. 

source

In England, I think my heart skipped a beat every time I saw a Krispy Kreme sign glistening in the distance. But even a lovely little jam filled doughnut from the bakery round the corned would make me as happy as a kid at christmas. 

source

And now it's not even a traditional doughnut that gets people talking; the humble doughnut holes have notched up some cake credentials too. And then there is the doughnut muffin - although if I am totally honest with you, i'm not sure how I feel about mixing doughnut and a muffin. 

In some ways I feel it is just fundamentally wrong to combine the two. But nevertheless, I am sure they taste absolutely awesome. 

source 
Now if I was to actually attempt to make doughnuts myself (and considering I am not a baker) I think I would follow this recipe here. I mean anything that is titled 15 minute doughnuts from scratch wins in my book; because 15 minutes is all that stands between you and a taste sensation. 

That is of course unless your like me and cant following a baking recipe to save your life! 


4 comments:

  1. Great post. Love doughnut; I've never heard of doughnut muffins before though. Those little doughnut/fruit kabobs are so cute.
    xoxo Aimee
    bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love the doughnut kabobs too! and for someone who doesnt do well with baking there are the perfect cheats desert - just buy the holes from a store with the fruits, and with melted chocolate...hhhhhmmm deilcious *you see how easily i get distracted by doughnuts*

      Delete
  2. wow. they look delicious! I want to try those doughnut muffins you're talking about! I wanna make those doughnut kabobs too!

    http://medicalschoolroadtrip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you make the doughnut muffins please send me some - im awful at baking! :P

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!