Monday 29 April 2013

eat: easy chinese chicken

With the boyfriend gone, I automatically have more food leftover after each meal; this is probably due to the fact that I have a it of an issue with portion control. But this does give me the chance to be economically friendly and get to grips with my leftovers. 

So what to do with leftover roasted chicken.....chinese? 

On Sunday afternoon I decided to experiment with some leftover chicken and a whole host of chinese inspired spices and condiments. And if I do say so myself, the results were pretty good. Alright so it didn't quite taste as good as my favourite China town chinese but hey, we can't be picky now can we. 

I used leftover roasted chicken, red onion, courgette and orange pepper. For the chinese bit I used:

2 table spoons soy sauce
2 table spoons of sweet chilli sauce
1/2 table spoon of chinese 5 spice
1/2 cup of water

And it went a little something like this.

Fry the onions and courgette



Add the orange pepper


And then the chicken (because mine was already cooked)



Add the chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and mix together



Add the water and let it simmer down until the sauce becomes a bit thicker/sticky (add more water if required).



And Eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!