Saturday 29 March 2014

the style problems of an expat and 43kg allowance



I talked last year a little bit about being in a style rut and I feel even further in that rut almost a year on. I am going to blame the whole situation on this expat business, because when you have to pack up your life and wardrobe into one, maybe two suitcase, you have to adopt a rather ruthless attitude. 

That is the stage I find myself at currently. I will leave Cyprus in less than a week and I have just two suitcases and 46kg's at my disposal, to transport my life back to London and then onto the next destination. The problem I have at the moment is the changing seasons; my wardrobe feels insufficiently prepared for the summery temperatures Cyprus has given us recently, but before I know it will be the English climate to deal with and who knows what that is going to throw at me. 

I think my problem is that I don't have a capsule wardrobe. Everything I read says the foundation of wardrobe is the key basic items. I always go shopping with the aim of bringing home those key basic items and it never happens. I always get distracted or worse still, irritated and leave empty handed. So my aim for 2014 is flood my wardrobe with key, basic pieces that can transition from cold climates to hot and then throw in a few pieces for fun like this skirt and these shoes which are happily in the purchased items of my ASOS account. 

Any tips for taking my England wardrobe further as I move onto another hot climate, would be most welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!