Tuesday 6 August 2013

the villa of my dreams

Have you ever found a place that is so calming, so luxurious, so completely the opposite of your everyday life that you want to stay there for ever? (I am expecting some replies to this question to add to my list of places to travel).

Latchi is my version of that. A little fishing village, away from people, away from life and away from the sound of traffic in Nicosia! I have been every year since moving to Cyprus and always stay in the same hilltop villas. 

I always book through these guys because I know I can trust them. I can trust them so much that I booked a villa without seeing pictures. A villa, which last year, was abandoned, overgrown and the pool was definitely not fit for swimming. 

Oh what a difference a year makes. This place was pure luxury. The villa has been lovingly made over and the little touches like outdoor sofas, hammocks and bean bags on the roof terrace really made it feel special, not a sterile-out-of-the-mould holiday villa. 

This one felt like home. I wish!




















Anyone who really wants to get away from everything and relax, whether its a holiday across the water or a staycation for you expats already in Cyprus, I cannot recommend Latchi enough. Go!

1 comment:

  1. This place is heaven. I don't think I would be able to leave either. The little personal touches everywhere are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

comments are greatly appreciated!!