Sunday 8 April 2012

the baking bug

Recently I have had an overwhelming urge to bake/cook/make stuff. I have no idea why, but I enjoy eating my creations very much, so i'm not complaining. This weekend I got the baking bug and decided (under the influences of my own taste-buds) to concoct peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. 

I followed (loosely) this recipe from allrecipes.com but kind of adapted it because I didn't have corn syrup or vanilla essence, so i replace the corn syrup with a little splash of milk. 

And the result is some seriously good cookies, if you like peanuts that is. I had a bit of a kerfuffle with the cooking times because the first batch went a little bit hard, so the next ones I took out of the oven a few minutes early so they stay a bit gooey in the middle. Perfect with a cup of tea!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!