Wednesday 27 March 2013

food: Oatmeal + Raison cookies

Funnily enough I have a soft spot food - not sure if I ever mentioned it before.

And over the long and lazy weekend, that saw me go from one pair of sweat pants to another, I decided baking was a good idea. Now I am not much of a baker; I wish I was. Although if I was actually good at it, I would probably be a thousand pounds heavier and on brink of a heart attack from one too many cookies. But i digress.

Given the current scenario we are faced with, there is no way on earth I could justify spending my hard earned euros on baking supplies. Luckily for me, I just so happened to have all the necessary ingredients in my cupboards for cookies. Step forward oatmeal + raison cookies!

I followed this recipe, but halve the measurements because i didn't have quite enough of everything to do the full batch. And I am pretty please with the results.

My experience told me that cookies should be taken out of the oven promptly (one too many burnt cookie situations taught me that) and I found for small size cookies, the 11 minutes was just perfect.

apologies for the awful photograph - I was too busy eating with the other hand!

Eh Voila. Soft, chewy oatmeal and raison cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!