Friday 2 May 2014

turning 26

Birthdays are not my strong point. I think because I am never very high maintenance about celebrating them, they come and go before my eyes and just like any other day, end. 

Turning 26 is not a big deal for me. I have the philosophy that age is just a number and have never really had a life plan and as such, birthdays do not fill me with fear about the things I haven't done. I think this attitude is refreshing; so many people get hung up on their age and what they, or other people say, they should have achieved by a certain age. 

Sure I think it is good to have life goals, but getting preoccupied with ticking off things from you bucket list as your age increases rapidly, is a waste of time in my opinion. I never classed myself as an adventurous person; I am introvert, like a small and reliable group of friends and feel activities should be planned and organised. But, and this is mainly thanks to my partner in crime for the past 9 years, I am starting to see the benefits of a spontaneous life. 

If 10 years ago, you had said to me that at the age of 26 I would have lived in another country, let alone be planning my second international move, dog and all, I would have said you were crazy. But that is the nice part about expat life. The opportunities that open up to if you break out from the comfort zone of London are well worth it in the long run. 

Since I have been away from London for the past three birthdays I decided to make this one a  weekend long affair, starting with mexican and mojitos, an Italian lunch and family filled day and ending with a weekend in the countryside with walks, wine and fresh air which you will undoubtedly hear more about next week. 












My 26th year is set to be a good one and I am so thankful for the support of family and the amazing friends that still bother with me despite my unpredictable schedule. 


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Hope you had a fab day :) Btw, I really like your blog x

    Anna - Cinnamon Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! And thank you for stopping by. It was lovely to spend a birthday in London for once. Glad you like the blog. I am off to check yours out now. :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh to be 26 again. 26 was a great year for me. I have never made a big deal about getting older, I don't really see the point. its life after all. Hope you have a great 26.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 26 does feel like it's going to be a good year. I totally agree with you Kayleigh...we will get older and there is no way to stop it so we might as well embrace it. Let's see if I have the same attitude when I hit 30 or 40 haha

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!