Thursday 26 December 2013

Was your Christmas merry?


I had every intention of doing a particularly festive blog post yesterday but I got caught up in the chaos of the day and actually made the choice not to. Recently I wrote about how consumed we are sometimes, when it comes to social media. Between Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Bloglovin, sometimes I feel like I'm going round on a social media fairground ride; once I am done with them all, it's right back to the beginning. 

Yesterday we had a lazy morning at home, opened some fantastic and thoughtful gifts (more about them another time) and spent a busy afternoon eating, catching up with cousins, aunts and uncles and entertaining 3 year olds. 

I will be honest, sometimes Cypriot family gatherings freak me out; I am used to a Christmas with a maximum of 5 people and one that is spent on the sofa watching shrek and eating Yorkshire puddings. And let me tell you Cypriot family gatherings are nothing  like that. But yesterday that didn't matter. The cultural differences seem to be slowly fading and I feel more and more part of the family and that the way they do things here is part of me. 

I am not going to lie, my step-mum always makes an incredible roast dinner which I would kill for right now and the boyfriends mum is known for her selection of treats come Christmas time. 

But maybe the Cypriot Christmas isn't as bad as I once thought.

Merry Christmas. Καλά Χριστούγεννα


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!