Saturday 21 December 2013

home post: colour

Our little apartment is alive with the sound of (no not music) colour. When we moved in it was a blank little beige canvas and needed a serious injection of life and colour. Luckily the boyfriend is a bit of a graffiti master, so it didn't take long before there were colourful, graphic prints on the walls. And once there were, it felt a lot more like home.

source

I like white and minimal, but I think all white can be a bit sterile sometimes and I don't want my apartment to resemble a hospital. So a few colour touches are quite essential in my book. Hence why I have a thing about cushions and candles.

Personally (as someone who has never owned, built or bought a home) I think the safest option is a neutral canvas of white or beige or even light grey etc, which can be pumped up with colourful items like sofas, chairs, tables, mirrors, cushions, art and rugs. Even tiles or wallpaper and light fittings and curtains can add the much needed pop to bring any room to life and turn the building into a home.

source

source

source

source


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!