Monday 2 December 2013

thankful


2013 has probably been one of my unluckiest years to date. I was never superstitious about the whole 13 but this year has shown me other wise. I even made my friend make sure we didn't go for my first hairdressing experience (I know, don't ask me how I actually lasted three years as an inhabitant here without visiting one of their hairdressers) on Friday the 13th. 

But the one thing this year has taught me is to be thankful for all the little things. 
The thank you's. 
The fantastic friends that surround me and make expat life easier. 
The kindness of family (who aren't even my family).
The Minnie Mouse christmas pyjamas the boyfriend's mum bought me. 
This little blog that has kept me sane throughout the year, motivating me and keeping me from burying my head in a black hole. 

Today I learnt about one reader; a friend of my Polish friend. Who I have never met. And I don't know. But know's me through this blog. Who reads everyday. Just knowing that she looks forward to my posts brought a smile to my face. It is easy to get wrapped up in life, in work, in house chores and dog walking. In being alone. It easy to see the negatives but the thankful moments shine through so much brighter. 

And the biggest positive of them all. Christmas. And a small little thing called a reunion with the boyfriend. I wonder if I will be able to contain my excitement for the next 18 days!?

3 comments:

  1. There is always something to be thankful for and we love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry 2014 has been so hard! here's to a new start in 2014 and the little things in life in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I already feel more positive about 2014.

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!