Sunday 9 June 2013

food: flatbreads the Jamie Oliver way!

This week I got experimental in the kitchen and tried my hand at making bread. Ok so it was possibly the easiest bread in the world, but I am still kinda proud of this moment. Unfortunately, I have since realised that my intake of bread over the past two weeks is the reason for the rubber ring style bulge around my middle. So home made flatbreads are now reserved for special occasions. 

The recipe came from Jamie Oliver and it has just 4 ingredients so you really cant go wrong, especially since the technique is foolproof too. 




All you need is flour, yoghurt, salt and baking powder, a bit of mixing and in minutes you have dough, ready for grilling. I topped mine with roasted vegetables (courgette, peppers and aubergine), chorizo and goats cheese and popped them in the oven for a while too. But they would be great for breakfast with eggs and bacon, as a side to dips or with chilli. 

Et voila!




No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!