Sunday 7 September 2014

well travelled stationary from see what I sea designs

I can't even remember how I stumbled across Bekka's blog but I instantly felt an affinity to this women who had experienced the same things as me. I had just moved to Cyprus and reading See What I Sea Designs really helped me get to grips with a few insider expat emotions that were waiting round the corner for me. 



It quickly became apparent how talented this lovely lady is, with her DIY hacks and beautiful watercolour illustration prints and stationary. To say I am jealous is an understatement. She creates these beautiful pieces for her home that I wish I had the talent to accomplish the same.

Somehow we never managed to meet up on the tiny little island of Cyprus which was quite an achievement in itself considering the actual size of the island. In the early days, when I had just started reading her blog, I saw Bekka in the mall and it was one of those weird moments. I was going up the escalator, she was going down, I recognised her but couldnt quite pluck up the courage to shout heyyy and look like a crazy a lady. Our one chance meeting was missed. 

Despite that I would say she has been a very consistent blog friend and I have followed her story all the way back to the US. And being the super sweet lady that she is, she sent over some gorgeous stationary for me to bring to Dubai and send back home to friends and family. Post being post, it arrived a few days after my departure for Dubai. But I have finally been reunited with it. 





The effort that went into packaging it shows that she really cares about what she does. And the little stack of flower painted note cards tied with candy stripe twine made my heart skip a beat. Each design starts life as a watercolour illustration and gets printed as stationary cards, perfect for some good old fashioned snail mail. She also does a number of prints perfect for adding to a blossoming frame wall.

I love the lemon print and the little flowery note cards with their bright pops of colour that came in my package. But my favourite is the little window scene which reminds me so perfectly of Cyprus. 

If you're in the market for some new stationary, the See What I Sea Designs etsy shop should be your first port of call! Next on my list is the gorgeous polka dot birthday card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!