Tuesday 8 January 2013

A Kindle sort of Christmas

I always thought I didn't want a Kindle actually. 

I'm one of those people who absolutely adores books; the smell of a new book, the feel of the pages and the boldness of the images. Sitting on the beach with a book as the pages flicker in the breeze and gather those little grains of sand in their spine really makes me happy.

But my world has changed forever. 

The boyfriend gifted me with a Kindle for christmas. And after seconds of opening it I was converted. I have to say it is one cool little piece of technology. Its light, its portable and I can have multiple books to hand. It is probably one of the best gifts I have ever received. I have already been trawling the Amazon Kindle section for my next reads. I got especially excited when I stumbled across a fashion theory book I'd been eyeing up for a while. Now it's sitting just a few inches away from me in this handy little device. 

I was the biggest Kindle critic, so if I can convert, anyone can.




And the sexy leather cover adds a bit of glamour to the otherwise slightly dull black tablet.

6 comments:

  1. this is awesome..even I feel same way that kindle can never replace books but may be I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there are some books i just need to have in "real" form but I can totally 100% recommend the kindle. You can get ones that are full colour, almost more like a tablet so you can read your blogs and social media etc. genius!

      Delete
  2. I've been really hesitant about the kindle but have begun considering it more and more with the lack of available books on hand for me to read here. It's just hard to give up my books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally the same until I actually got one :) And your so right, the choice of books here is nothing like the UK, and obviously books that are in English so the kindle is perfect for people like us. And I thought about the whole giving up books thing, well actually I have kept books, now I just buy the books that are more fun like fashion/photography/cooking etc rather than fiction.

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm... haven't converted yet. Would I read more or less with one???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was by no means a kindle gal, but I find I read more with it. Probably because I have multiple books in one location and in Cyprus its hard to find cheap books in English that I actually want to read! :)

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!