Friday 12 July 2013

black friday

excuse the weird look of my hands....I never know what to do with them in photographs.


I should know better by now. Over two years in Cyprus and I still haven't learnt that black at this time of the year is a big NO NO.  I thought the maxi skirt would be a good option as temperatures reach nearly 40. But black was not my smartest move. Black friday has pushed me into this post. 

So what should one wear for Mediterranean climates?

White/Light colours. 
Anything loose and flowing
Dresses/Skirts/Shorts 
Slouchy t-shirts/vests. 
Flip flops (my best friends come summer)

Other essentials include an adequate selection of swimwear is a must when your weekends are spent by the sea or a pool, preferably the mix and match kind so the options are endless. Sunglasses are also a must unless you don't mind being blinded by the sun and walking into lamp-posts. And a hat (which I learnt the hard way after several burnt scalp and dizzy-too-much-sun scenarios) should also be on your list. 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I remember that sun.. Ir's a special kind of torture. That said, you look amazing!! My summer staples include a lot of skirts and dresses to allow for more breezes (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you would be coping. Actually this year is not as hot as last (yet) - they say maybe it will be a milder summer but it will last longer....im not sure whats worse!?!?

    xx

    ReplyDelete

comments are greatly appreciated!!